Boys-Girls Varsity Swim Dive
Game Summaries & Headlines.
Swim and Dive 2017-18 Season Wraps Up!
It's hard to believe, but the 2017-18 campaign for the Swimming & Diving program has been completed at long last. Over the last three weeks, the student-athletes finished a tough dual meet schedule, taking on Georgetown Prep, Holy Cross, Holton-Arms, and Landon. Following that, qualified athletes traveled to Boyds, Maryland for the 2018 Washington Metropolitan Interscholastic Swimming & Diving Championships, where they competed at one of the fastest high school meets on the east coast. Sarah Gurley, Reagan Foley, Kelly Derasmo, and Alex Lamb scored in their individual events, and the relay team of Han Ryu, Jackson Philippart, Jack Houser, and Alex Lamb scored in the 200 and 400 yard Freestyle relays. Kelly Derasmo also set a new school record in the Girls' 500 yard Freestyle at 5:10.47, breaking the existing record that had stood since 1997.
This past weekend, twenty-seven student athletes competed at the 2018 VISAA Swimming & Diving State Championship in Stafford, where the girls' team finished in 11th overall (out of 27 teams), and the boys' team finished in 12th overall (out of 30 teams). Sarah Gurley was victorious in Girls' 1m Diving (11 dives), breaking a school record that had stood since 2000. Reagan Foley finished 8th in the Girls' 500 yard Freestyle, and Jack Houser finished 5th in the Boys' 100 yard Butterfly; he then teamed up with Han Ryu, Jackson Philippart, and Alex Lamb to finish in the top 8 of the 200 and 400 yard Freestyle relays. The following athletes also finished in the top 16, contributing points to the team total:
- Kelly Derasmo -- Girls' 200 Yard Freestyle (9th), 100 yard Backstroke (10th)
- Reagan Foley -- Girls' 200 Yard Freestyle (10th)
- Reagan Foley, Samantha Kelly, Laney Brown, Kelly Derasmo -- Girls' 200 yard Freestyle Relay (10th)
- Reagan Foley, Alina Shannon, Laney Brown, Kelly Derasmo -- Girls' 400 yard Freestyle Relay (11th)
- Alex Lamb -- Boys' 50 yard Freestyle (12th), 100 yard Freestyle (15th)
- Reilly Glass -- Boys' 1m Diving (13th)
- Han Ryu -- Boys' 50 yard Freestyle (14th)
- Caroline Williams, Lauren Vannell, Emma Vannell, Samantha Kelly -- Girls' 200 yard Medley Relay (16th)
- Jack Houser -- Boys' 100 yard Backstroke (16th)
Thank you to everyone that came out and supported the program this season!